The Organizing Committee proudly announces the 18th International Symposium on Iron Nutrition and Interactions in Plants (ISINIP) to be held at the University Autónoma of Madrid campus in Spain.
The ISINIP is an international scientific conference where prestigious researchers present the latest knowledge on iron nutrition in plants and is an excellent forum for scientific discussions and the exchange of ideas among young and leading researchers.
The main topics are:
- Iron chemistry and dynamics in soils
- Agronomic practices to correct Fe deficiency: fertilizer development
- Agronomic practices to correct Fe deficiency: genetic approaches
- Physiology of the Fe acquisition, transport and distribution in plants, including microorganism-rhizosphere interactions
- Molecular regulation of Fe homeostasis
- Iron and plant metabolism
- Iron interaction with the environment
- Iron fortification of crops for a better human nutrition
The Symposium will be conducted from May 30th to June 3rd. Invited speakers from the most important Fe research fields will open the different sessions. Participants will have the opportunity to share their research results in oral or poster presentations. We hope that with these activities, along with the traditional cultural visit and the banquet, this Symposium will be a great chance for updating the knowledge on iron nutrition, allowing research collaborations with new ideas and topics. It is our pleasure to welcome you to the 18th Symposium in Madrid, a charming and beautiful city with a 99% probability of perfect spring weather! With our best regards. On behalf of the organizing committee.
Prof. Dr. Juan J. Lucena